Thursday, April 22, 2010

springtime sickness

Ugh.

Monday afternoon I caught something. I felt it settling down in me at work, where I suddenly got very tired, very achy, very hot. I pressed through my intern meeting and my Global Warming lab, went for hot & spicy Korean soup with A., and finally got home around 8, where I fell into a sleep until getting a message from F. who wanted to come over for "tea & cuddling", which is one of the few activities we have time for during the week (barf if you want, I won't hold it against you). My desire to see him trumped my desire to sleep, but I did finally go to bed around 11. I woke up the next morning still tired, my throat raw and swollen, coughing, difficult to swallow, but mostly just in pain. It feels like the same epically shitty throat stuff I had during mono. And remember how I hated the mono? God, I hated the mono.

Technically it's Thursday (5am and I'm on my third lozenge) and I'm still dealing with this, having missed classes and work since Tuesday. Two days of sleep and finishing my book, of Facebook and Hulu, of lozenges and hot tea. People have stayed away and that's probably better, as I'm probably contagious and smelly. Definitely unwashed.

I think I've really put in my time with sickness. For a while, every day after mono I was sending out vibes of gratitude that I was healthy again, letting the universe know I was thankful. But then I stopped. Maybe that's why I got sick again? Is Karma putting me in my place?

A little bit harsh, Karma.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

your blog is awesome.check out my blog farhadzida.blogpost.com

Anonymous said...

your blog is awesome.check out my blog farhadzida.blogpost.com

Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique compared to other people I have read stuff from.

Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page.


My page: google

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found itt while searching on Yahoo News.
Do you have anyy tips on hoow tto get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Cheers

my blog http://poisoncentral.net/

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really
nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later.
All the best

My webpage medical negligence solicitors